We have lots of exciting things going on in Band this month!
Our annual Studio Movie Grill social will be on Saturday, October 20th! To sign up, or read the details please CLICK HERE. Registration form must be printed and returned with payment by Friday, October 12th. Late forms will not be accepted. (Students must have all band fees and forms turned in for the year to be eligible to attend.)
We are offering an optional sweatshirt to be ordered this year. CLICK HERE for that order form. (If link is not active, check back. Will be added soon!)
7th/8th grade families:
- Concert uniforms will be sent home with students after school. on Tuesday, October 9th. They have been checked for all pieces prior to checkout. Students are responsible for this uniform for the duration of the school year. Feel free to have them cleaned after each performance. 🙂 Please have your child try it on when they first get it home and let us know immediately if there is a problem. Throughout the year, if something gets too small, please notify Mrs. Cansler so that we can make an adjustment. THANK YOU to everyone who has helped with fitting and alterations!
- middle school night with the Wakeland Band has been rescheduled for Thursday, October 11th. Details will be forthcoming. This is required for all students except 8th graders bound for Lone Star HS. Let Mrs. Cansler know if you have an unresolvable conflict. We’ll cross our fingers we don’t get rained out a second time!
- FRIDAY, October 12th we are hosting our All-Region Masterclasses, 4-6:00 pm. This is required of all Wind Symphony students, and any Symphonic Band students who will be auditioning for Region.
- Friday, October 12th is also 8th grade band night with the Lone Star Band. Mrs. Cansler will be getting the proper information to the students involved in this event.
- Wednesday, October 24th is our Fall Concert at Wakeland HS. The concert will begin at 7 pm
EVERYONE – – – On Friday, October 12th we’re holding a family spirit night at Dave and Buster’s at Stonebriar Mall from 6-9 pm! What a great excuse to head over to Dave and Busters for an evening of family fun! Please remember to drop your receipts in the boxes that will be at the entrances. Spread the word and bring a friend!
Lastly for October, the Griffin Gator Band Booster Club is hosting our ANNUAL all-school party, “Stranger Things at Griffin” on Friday, October 26th from 3:45-5:00 pm. Please consider volunteering to help with the party in some capacity! And encourage your child to attend – we’ll have special incentives for band students available this year! The raffle prizes are going to be great, and it’s always a lot of fun!